Friday, November 9, 2012

All You Need Is Love

I stood at the kitchen counter chopping celery and carrots for a much anticipated roast. Days off are a treasure and good food is a must. My husband who also had the day at home, stood close by. We spoke of random nonsense as people who have been together forever do. I told him as we were there in that moment, I could just go on like this forever. Well maybe not forever but for a good long time. Because simple is easy and life is close to easy right now. A roof over our head and dinner in the oven. A job to go to the next day and healthy kids. Bills that need paying work to weigh us down but we manage and that is good enough for now.

*****
This baby, well he is just perfect. As perfect as babies who spit up and have blow outs can be. He loves me. That is all I need to know. He looks up at me in the morning from his crib and I am totally in awe. His aliveness, his moving chest and blinking eyes. Blue eyes, baby blue. His eyes amaze me. Not just because they are his eyes but because I imagine that is what his brother's eyes would have looked like. And my heart swells and tears and rips and heals and breaks day after day.

*****
Can you imagine here we are at another Thanksgiving. A common trend on FB is posting what you are grateful for each day. Seems innocent enough. Of course I am not a joiner to these types of things. Yet I still think today what am I thankful for? Thankful for my two legs that work to move forward each day. Thankful for my sight as I watch the reds, golds and orange leaves fall to the ground. Thankful for my living children and the gift they are to me. Thankful for my missing son who taught me that love at first sight is instant and forever no matter how brief.

*****
I would really love to sit and read. I made a Goodwill run a couple of weeks ago but have yet to crack the spines. Life gets in the way too often these days. Sitting in silence with a book is something that I am working on.

*******

Been working on some prints for the nursery. Work in progress but I think I am slowly getting the hang of it.

Working on a cute way to display a family tree. 

Well because my children appreciate good music ;)
Matches the bedding theme. Thinking about doing an alphabet wall . 




I hope you are all finding something to be thankful for. 








1 comment:

  1. Although we don;t have thanksgiving over here, I like the sound of it. Losing Seamus has made me more grateful... firstly for my husband John - so so grateful. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. and now that Hugo is here, alive and well (touch wood - yes I still have to do that EVERY time...) I am so so grateful for him. He really is a beautiful, happy little soul. And that gives me great joy and great sadness too, as I realise that he will soon learn of the older brother he was robbed of.

    ReplyDelete